The project kit includes:
- 2 – 4″ rolls of Rigid Wrap
- 8 oz. of CelluClay
- instructions for 12 projects
After looking through the colorful e-book, we decided to do some beads, or Bold Beads as they are called in the book. (see screenshot below)
We gathered our supplies and got to work cutting the wrap, wetting it, and wrapping it around the straws.
With little children, this is definitely a job to be done outside!
Wrapping the wrap around the straws is harder to do for little hands, but with help of some older siblings, it worked out.
The hardest part of the project was waiting for our beads to dry. Littles kept wanting to touch them to “test” and see if they were dry. Per the instructions, we had to rotate the drying beads every now and then to make sure one side didn’t get too heavy and sag, becoming misshapen.
After they were dry (which took much longer than I expected) we gathered our paints and began decorating our beads.
I think they came out rather nice! The e-book had instructions for three different shapes of beads: long barrel, short barrel, and round beads. We did the long and short barrel. It would have been a bit too much for my littles to try to shape the beads after wrapping them.
There are eleven other project ideas in the e-book including a dinosaur, butterfly, cake, volcano, Mardi Gras mask, bowl, ornaments . . . and more!
Many of the projects call for outside materials like styrofoam or cardboard- nothing terribly hard to come by.
AT ACTÍVA PRODUCTS, WE KNOW THAT CREATIVITY IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERY CHILD’S EDUCATION.
Some pros of the art kit:
- It’s hands on fun!
- The creations can be kept and stored.
- It brings together different art mediums.
- It’s a wonderful group activity.
- There is ample material in the kit for more than one project.
- You can find helpful tip sheets, videos, and more project ideas on their website.
- All the materials are non-toxic and gluten free!
- Many of their products are made in the USA.
- Very affordable at just $11.90 per box AND you can get a 10% off coupon by signing up for their newsletter!
Some cons of the art kit:
- The instructions aren’t overly clear, especially for the CelluClay. We were going to do something with that but kept getting confused as to the mixing ratios, so we went with the beads instead.
- The shipping costs.
Above are the shipping costs to send one box to my home address. “Shipping costs are determined by the real-time shipping rates of our carriers, UPS and USPS, and are based upon the size and weight of packages being shipped.”
As a homeschool mom who orders 98% of our supplies and curriculum online, being able to get free (or at least cheap) shipping is almost a must for me.
Overall, the art kit is very versitile and lot of fun. Since there is so much in each kit, I’d say it’s very recommendable. You could easily get two or three family projects out of this, which to me, makes this a good investment.
Connect on social media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/activaproductsinc
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/activaproducts
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/activaproducts
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/activaproducts
Click the banner below to read more Crew reviews about the fun art kit from ACTÍVA Products