As part of the Homeschool Review Crew, sometimes we get the opportunity to review products that aren’t exactly homeschool curriculum. Often, these reviews are fun, unique, and a nice break from the usual. The fun name meaning products from CrossTimber have been no exception!
*After recording this, I realized that the thing I called a miniature bookmark is actually one of their Name Pocket Cards (thank you!!) You can see that option in the NameMug photo below.*
Picking out my products was easy to do. Once I decided which products I wanted, there were several ways to personalize each one. For the bookmark, I added a ribbon (their choice of color). You also have the option to add a corner design.
For my mug, I chose to make it a lefty-mug since Louisa is left-handed. There are a plethora of other options for the mug, as you can see below.
We research names, write name stories, and make lovely name meaning gifts to inspire and encourage. -The Dehnart family (owners of CrossTimber)
There are many, many different products available. Bookmarks, mugs, plaques, music boxes, and more are all available with your chosen personalization. The Personalized Framed Plaque with Name Meaning and Bible Verse is especially neat and would make a wonderful Christmas, baby shower, or wedding gift (they have multi-name plaques available, too!)
I didn’t bother saving my items to give as gifts. I’m not a good gift keeper; I tend to give them away before the actual day they should be given! Louisa has quite enjoyed having her own little mug with her name on it to use when having coffee with mommy. (Don’t worry, I don’t give her a full cup of coffee!)
Oscar’s bookmark, well, it’s a bookmark, that he uses to mark his place in his book. 😉 Being a 17 year old guy, he wasn’t super impressed with a bookmark. He does use it though, and he has thanked me multiple times for it. Maybe he secretly really likes it, but doesn’t want to be uncool and let mom know that? Who knows . . . teenage boys are a mystery to me.
Anyway, I was thrilled with both products. CrossTimber did a wonderful job making them. A couple of other things I appreciated:
- It said “Oscar”! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find anything pre-personalized with my childrens’ names on it?!
- The product came packaged really well. You could tell they took time to make sure the breakable didn’t break!
- Their customer service is great! I emailed back and forth with Mr. Dehnart a couple of times to get my order submitted and he was quite pleasant! Not to mention the fact that he got back to me within a couple of hours. It’s hard to find good customer service these days.
- CrossTimber is a small, family-owned business. Yay small business!!!!
- Their products are made in the United States!
CrossTimber is running a giveaway!
Be sure to click the banner below to enter to win the Grand Prize! The winner may choose between a: Personalized Mug OR a Name Plaque or 8×10 Plaque!
Plus 9 more prizes: $10 Gift Certificates
(giveaway ends December 4th)