Lentil soup. It’s delicious. It’s filling, and it makes the house smell amazing. During the chilly months, I make this soup a couple of times a month- at least. Did I mention it’s also THM friendly? Oh yeah. It’s a solid E, baby!
What you need:
- 1 bag of lentils
- 1 can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 32 oz beef stock
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 8-10 baby carrots chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste (maybe 1 1/2 tsp salt?)
- Bragg’s seasoning blend 1/2 tsp
- Creole seasoning blend 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp or 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 bay leaves
What to do:
Throw it all in the crock on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally. That’s it!
I love this soup, especially with some buttery crusty bread. This recipe makes nearly a full 5 qt crock pot’s worth of goodness. Seeing as how my husband and I are the only ones in the family who like it, this amount will last us a couple of days.
It’s totally freezable too. Just let it cool completely and put it in a jar or freezer baggie. I’ve had it in the freezer for a couple of months and it still tastes great when I reheat it.