Like most moms with a child who has a birthday coming up, I found myself on Pinterest looking up birthday party ideas. I simply cannot believe it, but Max turns six in a few weeks! We usually have birthday parties here at home with friends and family, but this year I was thinking of doing something different. I widened my search and decided to check out Snapology.
Before I tell you about Snapology, let me tell you a bit about Max. If you’ve been following us for any amount of time, you know that Max is a kinesthetic, building machine. His preferred toys are LEGOs, K’Nex, SmartMax, and Gears. He creates and builds simple machines every day. We have even begun implementing his love of building into our homeschool and holiday celebrations.
So how do Snapology and Max go together? Like peas and carrots . . .
Snapology‘s mission is to provide children an opportunity to engage in playful learning activities that will stimulate their creativity and spark an interest in learning.
That’s fancy talk for a whole lot of fun, hands-on building, creating, and learning! Also known as, Max’s favorite thing in the world.
Snapology offers classes, camps, workshops, birthday parties, school field trips, scouting events and more!
Snapology’s STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) programs teach children through the building and manipulation of various DUPLO, LEGO and K’Nex models. Their activities challenge kids to cultivate problem-solving skills through the use of the scientific method and project planning.
Need another reason to check out Snapology?
The birthday parties are themed!
You can choose from:
- Minecraft – Create your own world, including animals, creepers and your very own Minecraft character.
- Batman/Superman – Create your own comic strip adventure.
- LEGO FRIENDS – Build and play with the FRIENDS girls Andrea, Mia, Olivia, Stephanie and Emma, and their cute animals in Heartlake City.
- Angry Birds – Build safety houses for piggies or launch pads for the birds.
- TNMT – Bring the radical heroes in a half-shell to life using gnarly LEGO bricks
- and much more!
Children of all ages are sure to enjoy having a party at Snapology, including my Max.