Scrolling through Instagram, I’ve seen so many back to school photos!
We haven’t started yet, but will in the coming weeks. We always have a gentle start to our school year, taking a month or so to work through the first two weeks of our Sonlight history guide.
Thankfully, that part is all done for me, but I’ve still got some planning (putting my plans on paper) to get done before we actually start in late August/early September.
We homeschool year round (we do take a short 3-4 week break in the summer to have an “official break” in our school years) so really, we can start anytime I decide we are ready.
My favorite thing to plan is morning time because it’s full of those subjects that tend to get pushed to the side. But by beginning our day with the “extras”, we get to spend our first moments together immersed in beauty and creation.
Sometimes we don’t get much done, other than morning time and math, and with those two things done, I count it a good school day!
Since I am homeschooling multiple ages, we all gather together for Bible and worship, followed by many of the other so-called “extras” like poetry, geography games, vocabulary, music study, art, current events discussions, and picture study, among other fun things.
If you don’t quite know where to start with morning time – or simply prefer someone else to do the planning for you – I have just the thing for you!
The annual Back-to-School Backpack deal is here! It provides you with a full set of morning time plans and ALL the curriculum that goes along!
Available for a VERY limited time, this Back-to-School Backpack includes the resources you need (minus the books) to do Morning Time with your family at one special low price.
- The Back to School Morning Time Plans
- Bach Mozart Composer Spotlight
- Art Techniques Video Art Course
- NaturExplorers No Sweat Nature Study — Plant Defense Mechanisms
PLUS these four bonuses:
- Best of 100 Creative Nature Walks from NatureExplorers
- Meet the Composers Flash Cards from SQUILT
- You Are An Artist Clubhouse Video Art Sampler
- Holiday Week Morning Time plans for most major holidays
The Morning Time plans include seven weeks of Morning Time activities all loosely based around a seasonal theme.
Designed for grades 1-6, this makes the perfect no-prep morning time bundle.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – Five-finger prayer method
- Memorization – Selections from How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
- Poetry – Lewis Carroll
- Music appreciation – SQUILT Bach Composer Spotlight (included!)
- Math – Codes and coding
- Picture study – Seasonal artwork
- Art – Art Techniques Video Art Course from chalkpastel.com (included!)
- Nature Study – Plant Defense Mechanisms — No Sweat Nature Study from NaturExplorers (included!)
- Picture books – Fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – Two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
Doesn’t that sound amazing??