Has anyone else had a crazy weekend? It seems like we’ve been running, going, and doing since Thursday last week!
I think I mentioned a little while ago that I hopped back on the Trim Healthy Mama train again. I’ve been staying on plan for the most part, and I’m down 8 pounds! Woohoo!
The hardest part about staying on plan is having food prepared ahead of time so I’m not tempted to eat what everyone else is having. Lately, I’ve been taking a few hours either on the weekend or on Mondays to get some things made for me to eat during the week. Well, that wasn’t happening this weekend, so it happened today!
We made some low carb Zuppa Tuscana, chocolate chip coffee cakes, and that bowl of rainbow deliciousness! (all these recipes are in the THM Table cookbook)
This week we have homeschool coop, and we’ll pack lunch for that. And Wednesday is library day, but other than that, our week is pretty much on routine.
Oh! I’m starting up a small group Bible study that will be on Wednesdays, so I’ll library day will change. But the bigger news here is that I’m writing the Bible study. It’s tailored for homeschool moms. I’m pretty excited about it. More on that later!
Anyway, onto the meal plan!!
This week’s large family meal plan week 3
- Breakfast: pancakes and sausage
- Lunch: quesadillas, carrots, cucumbers, ranch and hummus, pears
- Snack: hot chocolate and graham crackers
- Dinner: low carb sausage soup (think Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden)
Tuesday – homeschool coop
- Breakfast: eggs and toast
- Lunch: hotdogs, popcorn, applesauce, cucumbers (to take hotdogs on the go, I grill them, put them in buns, then wrap them in foil. They keep warm in an insulated bag for a couple of hours at least!
- Snack: fruit bar/granola bar
- Dinner: tacos, Mexican rice, black beans
Wednesday- library day
- Breakfast: baked oats and bacon
- Lunch: burrito in a bowl (using taco leftovers)
- Snack: apple and cheese stick
- Dinner: bacon pasta, garlic bread, salad
Many of the meals we’re eating this week can be found in the Large Family Frugal Meals Packs!
- Breakfast: french toast and sausage
- Lunch: (leftover) macaroni and cheese, gogurts
- Snack: pretzels and cream cheese
- Dinner: chicken cacciatore, salad, garlic rolls
- Breakfast: eggs and toast
- Lunch: grilled cheese, veggie straws, apples
- Snack: parfaits (homemade yogurt, granola, frozen berries)
- Dinner: Pizza
Saturday- my workday (from home)
- Breakfast: cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole
- Lunch: leftovers
- Snack: Chex mix
- Dinner: leftovers
A few notes about our menu . . .
- we have the same breakfast, lunch, and snack each day for a few months at a time (they typically change with the season)- this helps the kids know what to expect, and makes grocery shopping so much easier!
- many of the meals are premade on my freezer cooking days.
- all of our meals are accompanied by a plethora of chopped fruit and veg (I find that chopping/dicing fruit and veg as soon as we get back from the market is the best way to ensure it gets eaten before going bad! I find that chopping/dicing fruit and veg as soon as we get back from the market is the best way to ensure it gets eaten before going bad!)