Welcome to Thou Shall Not Whine
What started as a hobby has turned into a full-time food-filled passion. Here at Thou Shall Not Whine, I share my frugal ways of living life to the fullest without breaking the bank.
A Little About Me
I’m a 30-something Christian, married to my best friend, Ray, and we live in Southern Indiana where we homeschool our six beautiful children. Our kids are 19, 16, 7, 6, 4, and 2. We are currently in our eighth year of homeschooling, and this year we are teaching kindergarten, second grade, and 10th grade.
A few random things about me:
- Reading aloud to my children is my favorite “school” activity.
- My birthstone is a coffee bean.
- I’m a budding gardener.
- I love books- we have them in every room of the house.
- When I was in third grade, I decided I wanted to be a teacher. My wish came true ;).
- Before homeschooling, I earned a medical degree. I’ve never used it.
What You’ll Find At Thou Shall Not Whine
Feeding Our Families
As a large family mama, food is definitely a huge part of my life. After years of budgeting and making frugal meals, I came up with Large Family Frugal Meal Packets.
Here are some of the most popular articles about frugal food:
- Large Family Weekly Meal Plans
- How I Feed our Family of 8 on $150/Week
- 21 Things You Should be Making from Scratch
- 7 Things that Help Me Save over $150/Month on Groceries
- How I Fell In Love with Walmart Grocery Pick Up
- 5 Tips on Saving Money and Avoiding Food Waste
Homemaking is one of those things that we women must do, so we might as well enjoy it, right?
These are some of my top posts to help you on your homemaking journey:
- How I Stopped Drifting Through Life
- Simple Ways To Take The Stress Out Of Life
- Simple Housekeeping For Busy Moms
- Finding Housekeeping Help When Life Is Busy
- 5 Things I Do For Myself Everyday
If you’re struggling with getting things done, I have an ecourse that can help! (You can use code HELP to get the course for just $10.)
We are a literature-rich, relaxed homeschool.
Here are some of my most popular homeschooling posts:
- Our Gentle Morning Routine
- How Long Does it Take to Homeschool Each Day?
- 45+ Homeschool Lunches (printable)
- How to Build a Homeschool Routine
- How to Make Homeschooling a Lifestyle
If you have a preschooler (or will soon), I have a course to help you get everything you need from the Dollar Store. (Use code PRESCHOOL to get the course for just $10.)
Reading Aloud is a major part of our homeschool. It has completely revolutionized the way we spend our days. If you are new to reading aloud or are looking for ways to jazz it up, you’ll find inspiration in these posts:
- Reading Aloud During Busy Seasons
- Cultivating a Read Aloud Culture in Your Homeschool
- 10 Read Aloud Activities Your Kids Can Do While You Read
- Tips for Using Sonlight with Multiple Ages
- Tips for First Time Sonlighters
- Is Sonlight Really Worth it?
- What About Tests and College? Sonlight FAQ Part 2
I also have a course about reading aloud in your homeschool. Use code READING to get the course for just $10.)
Where you’ll find me on the web
My articles have been published in The Old Schoolhouse Magazines, as well as the Classical Christian Education & Charlotte Mason: An In-Depth Guide
I have contributed to the following websites:
And I have spoken at the following online conferences:
If you’re ready to save time and take the guesswork out of meal planning, check out my Large Family Frugal Meals Membership.
If you are interested in working with me, please email me at Jen@ThouShallNotWhine.com
Connect with Me
I would love to have you join my Large Family Frugal Living Community Facebook Group. In this community, you’ll find support and encouragement to live the frugal life with your large family.